12.22.2008

MAKES A LOTTA SENSE, JUDGE

Over the years, I'd developed a bit of a complex about missing the boat on Exodus. I mean it's tough to feel too bad about it after Gary Holt's Bonded By Blood/Let There Be Blood debacle. And shit even the frothiest mid-school Metal dude only has room for so many underappreciated Thrash bands and I'm a Testament man. And with Flotsam, Forbidden, Overkill ... I got a full slate. That said, my ears are glued to the new 'Exodus', AKA Warbringer, and their development from middling tribute act to full-fledged powerhouse. Not to mix metaphors. My boner is already experiencing some zipper burn in anticipation of early 2009's Soilwork tour on which Warbringer appears (Darkane this is your last chance). Call it convergence but it looks like I can massage my wounded Metal pride twofold. Blabbermouth reports:
Los Angeles thrashers Warbringer has spent the last two months at home working on new material that will comprise their second album. The five-piece is now prepared to enter the studio in January to record the follow-up to War Without End, voted by Revolver magazine one of the best albums of 2008. [Wow Revolver got something right.]

In mid-January Warbringer will enter Sharkbite Studios in Oakland on January 19 with Exodus guitarist Gary Holt producing. The album will be mixed by Zack Ohren at Castle Ultimate.

No comments: