1.28.2009

NAW BUT MY DAD DOES. HE CAN'T EVEN SIT ON THE TOILET SOME DAYS.


I've seen some absurdly fun David Lee Roth solo shows, but afterwards it's hard to shake a vague feeling that maybe I'd just creeped everybody out with my geekish enthusiasm. To explain: I party, ok? And furthermore, DLR makes me smile. Call it misguided but Diamond Dave is my role model. So should he happen to glance in my direction at any point during the show, all he would see is a googly-eyed weirdo, shimmying around unblinkingly while sporting a ridiculous, sweaty grin. It's not my goddamn fault that the guy is pure giggles, is it now? Nor that when happy I look like a Robocop villain.

Speaking of having too much DLR fun: If I didn't live alone, I'm sure I'd have felt the cold caress of gun-metal at my temple after about six cacophonous minutes of the hilarious David Lee Roth "Running With The Devil" soundboard. As of this evening (thanks MetalSucks), upgrade that to the hum of a gas-powered anti-artillery weaponry for the David Lee Roth Assteroidz game. 

Incidentally, while doing a search for DLR pics, I stumbled upon a snap of this vixen that caused my boner to stage a sudden and unrepentant attack on my palm. Bo-zee-bo-zee bop! Ditty-bop!


2 comments:

Vince Neilstein said...

I heart you so much right now. And not just because you linked to my website. I'm pretty sure you are actually describing me. I -- no joke -- cried like a little girl when Van Halen took the stage at the Garden last year. Been waiting since I was 10 years old for that to happen!

Anso said...

That shit is mutual, Vince. I didn't go to any VH shows cuz I'M INSANE but had I done so there would have been severe emotion going on. Fuck, I cried when Dave came out with VH at the MTV Video Awards fiasco in 1996 or whatever.

But when I saw Black Sabbath, I cried. Total cry-age. I surprised myself, mostly bellowing through the first song ("War Pigs") but once as soon as they kicked into "After Forever," I started bawling. It was fucked up.