1.16.2009

THE MEN OF SHADOWS FALL ARE YOUR BABY TONIGHT



Hey who among us isn't beaming with pride as the economy tanks yet Metal is stepping up with mind-mangling tours one after another? The people of Metal seem to have exchanged shrugs and glances, deciding that illegal downloading or not, recording industry mismanagement or not, wave of unemployment and despair or not, the best medicine is loud Metal by the ton. If your head has been up your ass all month, observe:

Tours in progress:
  • Soilwork with Darkane, Warbringer, Swallow The Sun
  • As I Lay Dying with Protest The Hero, The Human Abstract, My Children My Bride
  • Cradle of Filth with Satyricon, Septicflesh

Tours upcoming:
  • Meshuggah with Cynic, The Faceless
  • Lamb Of God with As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, God Forbid/Municipal Waste
  • D*******d with Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, Chimaira
  • The Haunted with Nachtmystium, Kylesa, Intronaut
  • Kreator with Exodus, Belphegor, Warbringer, Epicurean

As you can see, that'sa soma espicy meataballsa. Though for the life of me I can NOT see how God Forbid is opening that Lamb of God tour. And only half of it? Does AILD sell lotsa records or something? In HooM!World, it's a LoG/GF co-headline tour all the way. Huh. 

Anyway, SoCal Metal people get even more awesomeness as Shadows Fall (above, rrrrrar) is slated to play a surprise show in Fullerton TONIGHT for FREE to the first 200 people. SF is kinda like Living Colour to me: a top-notch bunch of players and 100% super-happy-Tom-Cruise-blue-jeans dudes, but a great album has thus far eluded them. With every day there's fresh hope. And hope for freshness. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting Shadows Fall analogy. Obviously we're huge fans of Living Colour. But I think SF had a great album in "War Within" and LC had one in "Stain"... just my opinion. But I see where you're going with that.

Anso said...

I think Stain is LC's best album, but I don't think they ever really pulled their songwriting together. And likewise, SF is way better than their albums. They're like smart kids who test badly.