1.21.2009

WELCOME ABOARD, MILEY CYRUS



Miley Cyrus is a whole lot of entitlement and annoying packed into a gangly 16-year old body, but so far, all she aspires to is queen bitch of spoiled teenagers. And while it curdles the blood to think she actually responds to gossip via video statements on her website, I say fuck it if she wants in to this exclusive club we call Metal. In a recent clip, her majesty states (via Blabbermouth):
I'm sure you all have seen me rocking an Iron Maiden shirt lately and I know there's been some people saying, 'Oh, she's a poser,' and 'The only reason she's wearing Iron Maiden is because she wants to be a rock star.' . . . So, Iron Maiden — 'Run To The Hills', 'Fear of the Dark', 'Running Free', [all] good song(s), check it out. So thank you, guys. I actually do like Iron Maiden.
You better be addressing your slavish fanbase and not the public at large, cuz no bitch I'm sure I have NOT seen you ahem rocking an Iron Maiden tee. I haven't seen you do shit. Secondly, "Fear of the Dark" is a stupid, stupid song. Lastly, that you listed a few Maiden songs by title doesn't mean you've earned the privilege of Maiden shirt ownership! I think the rule is one shirt per two albums. At least that's what I yelled at that phony in a Death Human shirt at the movies last summer before Mike subdued me with a full nelson. Then again, it's 2009 and we'll take what we can get. Hey she doesn't have a beard or date Devendra Banhart. All right superstar, you're in. Tell your dad he was wicked in Mulholland Drive.


No comments: