11.24.2008

EVERYBODY MISSES DIMEBAG LIKE A MOFO



Hopefully we're all beyond psychoanalyzing and then bashing former Pantera singer Philip Anselmo at this point. But looking ahead to the fourth anniversary of former Anselmo bandmate Dimebag Darrell Abbott's death on December 8, it pays to remember that everyone makes mistakes. Just not in the fantastically hateable fashion which Anselmo did by stepping seamlessly into the villain role, with his fucking mouth already. All the same, it's 2008, my head has cooled, and Anselmo talks to Antiquiet:
Not only do I miss those days, and Dimebag and Vinnie, and the whole crew, and the whole vibe, and the pride that was behind it, and the validity that was behind it… As I've said before, Rex [Brown, former Pantera bassist] and I always said that we would have all gotten into one room and argued and screamed… And a lot of it would have been my fault, but at the time I was a wounded duck. I needed back surgery so bad, it was pathetic. And I've uh… I've made some bad choices.
Again with the 'back surgery' thing. But still, you can feel the regret in his words. Honestly, it's been four years; is anyone over this yet? If so, what's your secret? Denial? Drugs? I fucking tried those! Help!!!


No comments: