2.04.2009

IT'S GETTING BITTER ALL THE TIME



Like the departure of guitarist Mike Stone from Queensryche, this is something we all could see coming. But in this case, it sucks. From Blabbermouth:
Several writers for Metal Maniacs magazine have reported receiving word Tuesday that both Metal Maniacs and its sister publication Metal Edge have shut their doors effective immediately, with one more issue of each title still set to come out. It should be noted, however, that the two magazines' publisher, Zenbu Media, has not yet officially corroborated this information.
Not that I'm freaking out or anything, but I keep thinking back to history classes in school, where we'd cover some natural disaster or economic calamity and I'd privately express relief that I wasn't around for it. Like WWII or The Great Depression. Or the Black Plague. I'm a pussy like that. 

Well, poetic justice is face-raping me now, as the world spirals further into the sewer following economic woes and weird terrorism. And now we've lost two bang-up Metal mags. It's a bummer that magazines are kinda pointless now (the most recent MM I purchased was around 1999, above), it's a bummer that Metal people will be dismissed from their jobs, it's a bummer that I wasted all those years in journalism school. It pains me to think about it, but Decibel and Revolver magazines most likely are on fragile footing as well. Shiiiit. 


No comments: