2.24.2009

WE SHALL SETTLE THIS LIKE GENTLEMEN



God Forbid guitarist/HooM! commenter Doc Coyle should be a proud dude on this the official release day of his band's ripping fifth album, Earthsblood. So why did he go out of his way to drive a knife into my back? Coyle writes in MetalSucks:
Vocally, I love "The Rain" because of the diversity, and on a few parts, like the chorus, it’s Byron [Davis, vocalist], Dallas [Coyle, guitars], and I all singing together, which shows one of the strengths of the band. I dig the solos on this track too. I was really trying to do some new stuff. [On] our last record, [Constitution of Treason], it felt like my solos were getting a little stale.
Um ok my feelings aren't hurt or anything, but let me just say that I've taken those very guitar solos to bed with me on many a night and made passionate yet tender love to them. With extensive cuddling afterward. Granted, I'm not sure which COT solos belong to whom (Doc, Dallas, or producer Jason Suecof) but each rips. First thing tomorrow, I'm gonna slap Doc with a glove. I believe it shall be an Isotoner.



No comments: