10.31.2008

"BLACK METAL UP YOUR ASS"



Hey see what I did there? I put "  " around somebody's words so that I'm covered as I steal them. (Don't hate the player, hate the game, MetalSucks commenter Horns High.) Moving right along everybody's all atwitter as Rock Hard Magazine (giggle) of Germany (giggle giggle) has published an interview in which Gorgoroth's Gaahl comes out as a very content gay homosexual (giggle giggle giggle). Dudes rush to point out that Gaahl doesn't officially chant slogans of gayness, but one senses that it's because your black metallist doesn't do labels -- and not on account of any dearth of gayness. Ahem.

At any rate. That shit warms my heart. Throughout the interview, Gaahl is thoughtful, measured, and really damn happy. Via Blabbermouth:
My idea of art, and black metal especially, is the depiction of honesty without compromise. I really don't care how other people react to it or the feelings it might provoke. I am I. I'm an individualist.

Sounds as if you've gotten rid of a lot of muck in your life.

Yeah, you could say that. I'm content all around with my situation right now. I love life at the moment.

Would you say you're a happy person?

Oh yes, most definitely.

It's got to feel great: You are free and no longer have anything to hide. 

That's right. But I've never really hidden anything to begin with. It's just that I was never in love before.
Equally heart-warming is the MetalSucks (giggle) commenter community's reaction, by and large cuddly, jokey, and lovey about the big gay Gaahl news. And naturally Axl, Vince, and the other (undoubtably shirtless) guys run such a tight, puckered ship that their advertising picks up the bajillion occurrences of the word 'gay' and plugs ad content featuring gay trips to Sydney's gay Mardi Gras (above). Good days people. The human spirit is indomitable and will not submit to oppression. LIVE GAY!! 

 

No comments: